Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Fun

So everyone is white water rafting right now.  I didn't go.  I've been several times and I wanted to get some things done.  It's hard for me to get anything done (including simple things like dishes) when I've got company.  I just want to hang out and play.  Megan (Wendys' daughter) Chris, their new baby and Brandon (Wendys son), Celina and their two kids all left last night and this morning.  It was so fun to see them all and see how much little Sean has grown and meet the two new babies.  It's so weird to think that Wendy is a grandma.  She is lovin it though and I can see why.  Megan is such a good new mom.  She's so loving and attentive.  No big surprise there.  She seems really happy and that's good to see.  She has had quite the tramatic last couple of years as has all the Butlers with the lose of Michelle.  So it's good to see them having fun together again.  Last night Wendy, Amanda (my sis in law), Jodie (sis in law) and I all watched P.S. I love you at Robert and Jodies house.  They have an awesome theatre room with the reclining theatre seats and everything.  That movie was a big tear jerker.  It made it more so I think with Michelles death being fresh.  A really good movie though.  I'm not sure what the plans are when everyone gets back.  They should be back pretty soon.  The rafting is in Bend.  The Butlers want to go horseback riding sometime this week.  Maybe friday.  Rocky (wendys husband) and John (mine) are going to go to the coast tomorrow to go golfing.  It's Johns birthday.  Wendy and I might float down the river while the guys are golfing.  I'll keep my blog updated...

5 comments:

mimi said...

Kathy it sounds like you are having an awesome summer so far. Keep havin fun!

Megan said...

oh, your so sweet

Withawhy said...

It all sounds like so much fun. I miss being by my family!!

jaylene said...

You have to float down the river with wendy, there is nothing like it!

Wendy and I floated down the river a couple of years ago. We saw an eagle in a tree, then we took a wrong turn. we were fearful of showing up on the six o clock news approaching the falls in Idaho falls. Thats when we got out, and walked through a cow pasture with our tubes to get back on track.

jaylene said...

I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of Michelle.

Jordan wore her pink band every day until it broke a few days ago, a couple of days later he got a new one from the bench memorial.

I wonder if Michelle or Jordan remembers "the big cookie incident"