Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bikini Action at the Wileys!

Today was a little crazy.  I guess most saturdays are.  With summer coming shortly, everyday will be.  That's okay.  That's actually something I usually enjoy.  I suppose coming from a family of 9 kids makes the chaos feel like home.  Anyway, Emily (who is 12) had 5 or 6 little girls over most of the day.  They all wanted to go swimming and after several hours at our community pool they all came back to our house.  So I've got all these (nieve) little girls (some NOT so little) running around my house and JUMPING on the trampoline in itty bitty bikinis.  John and I just had to laugh but we were glad that Christopher wasn't home lol.  I told Emily "I can't have all your friends running around here in the summer in bikinis".  She says (with as much teenage angst that she can muster) "why???"  Soooo, I may have to broach the awkward subject with her friends in the future.  Not really wanting to do that but I will if I have to.  I suppose I could casually say "hey guys get your clothes".  What do you guys think?  I remember back (in the day) when Christys'(my sister) friend, Laura would hang out at our house wearing nothing but a bikini with her DD's hangin out. lol  She would spend the day like that.  I remember my mom being annoyed because she had all her sons around lol.  I didn't quite get it then.  I do now...

5 comments:

Megan said...

haha thats hilarious! Love it... I dont know... your the domestic diva!

wendymb said...

I remember when you and Christy had a skinny-dipping pool party in our backyard when you were Emily's age...and my husband came home and got a huge eyefull of naked 12& 13 year olds! lol

Mindy said...

Skinny dipping, eh? Too funny, how come that doesn't surprise me! LOL! Remember Lori, same story. My mom ALWAYS told her to get dressed!

Princesska said...

haha...that's so funny. You are the domestic diva. I love your updated profile...and the pretty family picture!!!

Withawhy said...

My kids get a little perturbed when I run around in my bikini too. I try not to do it around mixed company. jk! (as Kimber would say...) You're a good mom.