Sunday, September 14, 2008

Behold your little ones

Well I made it.  It's been kinda a rough couple of days with the preparing and just nerves really but everything went fine.  I especially liked my sharing time.  It was about prayer.  I told the story of  Christopher getting his prayers answered as a little boy.   We were home listening to primary music and Christopher loved listening to the song "Follow the Prophet".  He wanted me to play that song over and over again.  He told me that they had never sang that song in Primary at church and that he really wanted to sing it in Primary on sunday.  One of us had the idea that he could pray, that they would be able to sing it on that coming sunday.  As the week went on I had forgotten all about his prayer.  Had I remembered I may have considered calling the primary chorister and asking her to please sing Follow the Prophet on sunday!  But I forgot, so I didn't.  On that very next sunday as I went to pick Christopher up from Primary  I realized they were all still in there.  That it wasn't over yet.  As I opened the door to the primary room I witnessed what the faith of my little boy had done.  Sitting in the room with all the children was a man with a guitar playing "Follow the Prophet" for all the children, with them all singing along.  Come to find out their special visitor was the man that wrote "follow the Prophet".  He was passing through LA from Utah (I think) and had stopped in to our primary with his guitar to play for the children.  A small miracle really.  Our church is huge with many many many congregations everywhere, including Los Angeles.  I'm so glad that the Lord answered my little boys prayer and in no small way either.  It wasn't an important prayer as far as prayers go but he cares and loves each one of his children so much that with Christophers faith he answered that simple prayer.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great story on prayer! I got to do sharing time this weekend also!

mimi said...

Kathy, I loved that story! Thank you for sharing!!! I am so thankful for the gospel!!!

FamiLee said...

I really appreciate that you, as Christopher's mother, have shared this story with others. It's easy to forget those samll miracles that can cultivate a testimony of Christ. It is pretty amazing how much Heavenly Father know each and every one of us.

FamiLee said...

I do know how to spell "small" ;)

jaylene said...

I know you said it went fine, but I feel I just have to ask,

Was it WOOOONNNNDDDDERRRFUL?

Kathy said...

Jaylene LOL. No, I wouldn't say it was "WOOOOOOOOONNNNNDDDEEERRRRFFFUUULL"