Thursday, May 1, 2008

What a day.  We stayed in Paris and slept in.  We were so tired from our recent excursions.  Today in France was Labor Day.  Probably not the best  day to be in France.  Everything was closed except the restaurants.  When we walked outside of our hotel it was chaos.  People everywhere!  Some pretty scary lookin ones too.  I held onto John tight.  There were all kinds of political groups with their flags, music, dancing, yelling, banners, costumes, food....  Some parts I felt like I was in the middle east somewhere.  We walked all around.  There was actually a very large group calling for the fall of capitalism and viva la communism.  Pretty scary to think that there are so many of them living in a capitalist country fighting for communism.  An interesting walk for sure.  Maybe not the safest place for us to be.  We stood out like crazy, esp me!  After that we got on the metro and went to the eiffel tower.  We figured with everything closed it would be a nice place to walk.   We weren't the only ones with that idea lol.  SOOO many people out today.  We walked for a long time, stopping for lunch along the way.  We ended up on the champs-elysees.  We walked down a really fancy blvd where we saw some amazing cars.  One was a bullet proof Bentley.  We took the metro back to our hotel after our long walk.  So we didn't do a lot today but we saw some interesting things and enjoyed ourselves.  Brenda, I think that you and emily are the only ones reading this lol.  I love your comments! Thanks.

1 comments:

Brynn said...

I just hope you don't think I'm stalking you! LOL Well, okay, I kind of am! I am loving hearing all about your adventures, it's beautiful over there & you guys make me laugh! I'll see you next week.