Wednesday, May 14, 2008


Alrighty then.  So I haven't written for a while.  I've been waiting to download my most recent pictures but I can't find the thingy (is it a usb port?)  I'm so computer illiterate.  I can pretty much do what I want to do but I don't know the exact lingo.  The one thing I don't know how to do that I want to know how to do is make this blog cute!  I look at all these blogs and they're like really cute scrapbook pages.  Wish I could figure that out...  Anyway.  Mother day was good.  I think I've finally recovered from a full day of actually doing nothing (domestic).  The house WAS    A    MESS!!   It even started clean on sunday.  The kids were so sweet on Mothers Day.  When I woke up in the morning I could hear someone down stairs in the kitchen furiously working.  I forced myself not to get up because I knew that Emily was downstairs preparing me breakfast in bed.  So I waited, nervous that I'd end up late for church.  I was pleasantly surprised when Christopher brought me breakfast in bed.  He beat Emily to the punch and she was not happy I might add.  He Made pancakes, fruit and scrambled eggs and brought it to me using the highchair tray lol.  He even put a pretty little flower in a little tiny vase on it.  Sitting through sacrament meeting was interesting lol.  Our family has recently graduated to one of the prominent middle seats in the chapel.  Having another baby and the kids just getting bigger has forced us to vacate the more discrete side seats.  So there we were pretty much front and center and I allowed John to give me a mothers day break.  So I sat on the other side of him and the three little ones lol.  After the sacrament the bishop stood up and commented on Johns struggle with Sophies headband lol.  THe boys were out of control.  The people behind us kept laughing and I wasn't sure what exactly was going on on the other side of John.  It couldn't be any worse than the old days when Branson used to scream in church "I have to go poop and it's diarrhea!!!"  He knew how to get me movin.  After church the kids and I took flowers to a couple of nursing homes for the ladies there.  The first nursing home was not very fancy.  Clean but run down.  I was surprised how many women were there in their rooms alone on mothers day.  Their faces sure brightened when Jack or one of the other kids gave them a flower and said "happy mothers day".  The second nursing home was so much different.   The parking lot was full and it was hard to find a place to park.  The facilities were so nice.   The staff directed us to a big room where they were having a special mothers day program.  It was full of families visiting their loved ones.  What a difference.  The kids walked through the room starting in the back working their way to the front handing out a flower to all the "grandmas".  They're faces lit up when one of the kids gave them a flower and wished them a happy mothers day.  I was getting nervous because we were running low on flowers and all these ladies were watching us anticipating their turn.  It was amazing, we had exactly enough.  Not one more flower left and everyone got one.  It was a great experience for the kids and I.  I think I've started a good tradition.  No one can argue with me about doing it because it's mothers day and it's what I want to do lol. 

I'll post an old picture just so this isn't quite so boring.

1 comments:

Withawhy said...

You're such a good mom! That's cute that the kids were battling it out to see who could bring you breakfast in bed first. What a great idea...taking flowers to the nursing homes. A flower from your little guys could brighten anyone's day! It's pretty cool you had just enough. It sounds like a fishes and loaves story.