Sunday, April 27, 2008

So I'm sitting here in the dark bored out of my mind!  John is asleep still.  Seems I'm the early bird in Paris lol.  Emily asked me to post more pictures and believe it or not we haven't been taking much pictures.  Last time we were here 2 years ago we took something like 2000 pictures.  John (in my opinion) was overly preoccupied with taking photos.  This trip we only brought one little camera.  We've really got the place documented from our last trip here.  You should have seen all the huge camera bags we lugged everywhere!  So now, it only occurs to us to take a photo when we see something or someone particularly strange. Camera bag freedom feels good!

So today we are planning on going up to the hill in Paris called Montmartre (sp?)  It's one of my favorite parts of the city.  It's where all the artists live and work on the streets.  Lots of interesting eccentric people.  The architecture is also quite old.  It looks like a mideveil (sp) village. Should be fun.  Tomorrow we have decided to go to Mont Saint-Michel.  It's a few hours outside of Paris.  We'll take a bus to get there.  I've wanted to go there since I was a little girl and got in a fight with my best friend Miriam about weather or not it was real (she had a picture of what looked to me to be a floating castle).  I just couldn't believe a place that magical looking really existed and that SHE had actually been there (I would have already known about it myself if it were true) lol.  I hope you're reading this Miriam!!  so now I get to see for myself.  The fight can finally be resolved.  

0 comments: