Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not a great shot but I believe I was gasping for breathe when I took it.  Okay, this was monday  we went to Montmartre like I said.  It's the hill in Paris and at the top of that hill is a cathedral, Sacre-Coeur.  We went through the church, sat for most of mass and walked outside.  We saw a sign outside with an arrow pointing down some stairs into like a basement that said "Crypt".  Sounded cool, so we went for it.  After purchasing a ticket to go DOWN to the crypt we went through a little wooden door that they told us to go through.  There, my nightmare began.  We walked straight up a tiny, narrow spiral staircase that would NOT end!!!!  I had been had, dooped!!!  No warning, no nothing!  We walked straight up 1000 steps!  Take a brake you  say?  Noooo people behind us, no place to stop.....  No crypt just stairs.  When we finally reached the top we were at the top of the cathedral on the top of the hill in Paris with the most fabulous view!  Pictures ensued....  When we went down another spiral staircase, at the bottom it entered into the crypt.  Those French, making us Americans excercize!

1 comments:

Brynn said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I think they would have had to literally pick me up & drag me up the rest of the way!

Good for you for continuing!