Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Year

One year. That's how long it has been since my sweet niece Michelle Maline Butler passed away. In some ways it has gone by so fast and yet I miss her so much it seems like I haven't seen her in forever. I know she is happy and in a beautiful place but I can't help but feel sad and sorry for myself and her family. One would think that because we have lived so far away from her the last eight years that I wouldn't be missing her yet. I miss her so much it aches. You could never be in the same room with Michelle without knowing she was there. Sometimes because of mischief but most times because of laughter. It's hard to even imagine how much the Butlers all miss her. I just wish I could hug her and tell her how much I love her one more time. Someday I'll get that chance... I'm thinking about you guys today (all the butlers, esp. Wendy). I hope you can draw some strength and comfort from general conference today. I love you

2 comments:

FamiLee said...

Me too. Thanks for the post, but it made me cry.

Mindy said...

What a blessing to have had Michelle in your lives. She seemed like a lot of fun.