Monday, October 20, 2008

Dolphins must love me....

I've lived next to the ocean most of my life.  Visited a few different oceans in the world as well.   Something I've always enjoyed is watching the dolphins play in the surf.  On many days in Carlsbad you can sit on the shore and see the dolphins swimming in the surf.  I've been on boats in the ocean dozens of times as well and have seen lots of dolphins swimming along with the boat.  On one occasion I was on a ship headed from Long Beach, ca. to Catalina Island and there were dolphins all around the ship as far as the eye could see in all directions.  It was quite the sight.  I've seen dolphins in the ocean all along the California and Oregon coasts.  I've seen them in Mexico, Hawaii, Florida and even France.  So I was shocked to hear from my daughter Emily that her 'science' teacher told the class (which all gasped in horror) last week that there are only 600 dolphins left in the worlds oceans.  WOW, indoctrination starts young.  Or could it be that those dolphins just love me and follow me in my travels... hmmmm

4 comments:

mimi said...

Hmmmm.....lol...interesting!:)

FamiLee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Withawhy said...

Last week I saw about 50 of those dolphins swimming down at the beach in Carlsbad....

susette said...

Hi there Kathy, thanks for commenting on my blog post. I love that blogging feels like writing in a journal and scrapbooking. I think possibly so many LDS woman can do this because it's fun and creative and we are fulfilling the journal writing at the same time. Would you agree?