Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Old

I'm just so sick of seeing the title of that last blog entry that I just had to write SOMETHING to make it go further down the page.  I don't have anything in particular that I'm planning on writing here..... just writing.  Today is my birthday, well for 10 more minutes anyway.  The big 38... too weird.  The numbers keep getting higher every year and the mirror tells me that lots of time is passing but I still think I'm 17.  Okay, maybe 23 (that just sounds better even if it may be more like 17).  I've turned into one of those middle aged people that say "I don't feel a day over 17".  I guess I should clarify "feel".  My body does feel somewhat my age, I'm talkin about how I "feel" between my ears.  Today was a bit of a bummer.  No ones fault, I just had a sick little boy to stay home with and take care of.  I was going to go to lunch with my mom and sister-in-laws but I had to cancel.  I couldn't leave Jack.  So we sat on the couch or cuddled in the bed most of the day.  That actually sounds pretty good now that I'm writing it and I guess it was except for the occasional vomit.  Tonight John and I went to dinner and a movie.  We saw Australia.  It was a really good movie... and Hugh Jackman  *sigh*  WOW..... I didn't know..... now I know.... WOW.  People magazine got it right this year for sure.  Well, I have 2 minutes left of my birthday and John said he's give me a message (he HATES giving massages) and I probably won't get one after midnight so I best end this post.

9 comments:

Princesska said...

Wow - you are NOT old. You look young and beautiful!! And yes - Hugh Jackman is mmmmmm....haha!

mimi said...

Hmmm...lol...I've never heard of that movie, I'll have to look for it. So sorry you missed your Birthday lunch...I hope Jack is feeling better. We have the same bug going around and around our house right now too.
I sure hope you got that massage lol......Have a Great Day Kathy!

The Morgans said...

Happy Birthday! You are definatly not old! But you are Beautiful I have always thought so!

Alex said...

sounds like a night full of bliss! FUN FUN!!!! What the movie good..or what it just because hugh Jackman???

FamiLee said...

Happy Birthday... Day old birthday!
Personally, I am looking forward to turning 40..in my mind it's like I will finally be "wise" right?

Tin said...

Kathy, I you are old, than what am I at 39!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope your little guy is feeling better... I hate when kids are sick, but I do love that they get so cuddly!!

Mindy said...

Happy Birtthday Kathy! I saw, "Australia" too and yes, Hugh Jackman is the "MAN." The story-line was very good too, though! Ha Ha!

Debbie said...

you still look like you did in high school!!!