Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Devil wears a Toupe

SO much I could say here.  I guess I'll just write a little as it comes to me.  I've had quite the contrast of good and bad or more like good and evil over the past week or so.  Last week was our big Moss family reunion.  So much fun!  I love all my family so much, I think I must have hand picked each one before I came to earth.  We stayed in a lodge in the mountains not far from Bend.  It was beautiful, the company was warm and fun and the kids had the times of theirlives with all their cousins.  I think there were about 60 people there.  Megan and I made 50 pounds of mashed potatoes Thanksgiving day.  Thanks for your help Megan!  A lot of people helped me peel as well, so thank you ppl!  MY sister-in-law Jodie went all out with her baking.  SOOOO many baked goodies around the entire time.  

So I contrast all that love with the darkness I've seen over the last few days.  Up until now,  I've never experienced the kind of hate and bitterness that I have seen in someone else's words and deeds.  I won't go into details but someone I know well (no one in my family) has attempted to destroy the life and reputation of someone I love very much leaving casualties everywhere he goes.  It's so hard for me to imagine the kind of hate it would take to do that to someone.  I've had people do me wrong and I've been pissed off at other people plenty of times!  But I still have a space for compassion in my heart for my enemies.  I can't fathom trying to destroy people.  I'm not talking about justice.  I would have no problem seeking justice through legal means.  I'm talking about vengeful, malicious HATE.  I don't think I've really been privy to real HATE until now.  It's ironic that his attempts at ruining our opinion about someone has just made us rally around that person, love that person more and have a deeper understanding and compassion for what that person has suffered and endured...  Satan may have the power to bruise our heel but we have the power to crush his ugly, vengeful head.

8 comments:

FamiLee said...

Wow...I am sorry to hear that. Jodie has experienced so much of this in her life...I always admire the way she handles it. I hope that things work out for you.

wendymb said...

Well said Kathy. Our reunion was awsome. It was so great to see everyone and just hang out. Hopefully all of the ugly stuff with what's his face is over. I can't believe how moronic it all was. Makes me appreciate my sister even more.

Withawhy said...

Love the title...

Megan said...

well said, and your welcome :)

Debbie said...

yeah, i love your blog. your family is beautiful!!!!

Tin said...

Thank you so much for you words of encouragement during the loss of our sweet Char. She will be deeply missed. It was so comforting to know that there were people out there that understood what we where going through.
I will try my harded never to get on your bad side.
Hope you have a great holiday.

mimi said...

UPDATE.....lol :):):)Do you have any pictures of gingerbread houses???:) Miss you

Stacy Reagh said...

Hey Kathy, I don't know what is going on, but I sure hope everything is ok now!!! Talk to you later!!!!