Friday, January 16, 2009

Nesting

This is the third time that I have attempted this post!  I get interrupted and have to go do something else every time.  

Yesterday I bought that huge mirror.  I've had my eye on it for at least two years.  I just couldn't spend the $400 asking price for it but yesterday I got sucha deal!  I love deals.... the cute little shop that carried it is closing (boooo) so I was able to pick it up for 100 bucks!  It's big, heavy and looks old and funky.  The last two things being things I love!  I hung it myself so it should never be removed because the wall took quite the beating.  At least ten holes (ssshhhhh don't tell John).  I didn't want to have to wait for who knows how long to have John hang it.  The little mirror is one that I already had, I just moved it.  I think I need a third small mirror to complete the look.  Something cheap (inexpensive)!

13 comments:

Jeni said...

I love it!

mimi said...

You are an AMAZING Decorator!...The mirror is very beautiful:)

Withawhy said...

Okay, You said nesting, and I thought you had an announcement to make...
What a beautiful mirror. You got such a great deal on that!

Becky said...

Awesome mirror!! It looks great!! I bet your house is really cool... it must run in our genes because I too love old and funky things!! I wonder if Tom and Larry do too?!?

Princesska said...

that is so pretty! I have to say...a crashing economy does have it's upsides

Alex said...

Awesome mirror! Im so glad you got such a deal! What store?

TIFF said...

Was it Pomegranate? Love it! I thought you were going to say that one of the kids broke it! That's what would happen around our house!

FamiLee said...

WithaWhy and I had the same idea, but that mirror is such a pretty baby too! Great Find!

AKmamaof4 said...

Totally thought you were going to announce something other than you bought a mirror from that headline. Love it! I "surprised" Aaron with my huge mirror. After his shock at the size I kept reminding him it was the deal of a life time. I totally love it!

Tin said...

I love the mirror and it sounds like you hang things like I do!!!

Debbie said...

cool mirror!!!

mimi said...

Kathy...I love your new(about me) photo...
BTW You are a GREAT friend! Hope you are having a nice day! love ya!

Withawhy said...

Kathy, I love your profile picture!!!!