Sunday, April 12, 2009

The big brown

It's been quit a while since I've posted and it's been a pretty crazy couple of months.   We moved out of our house and into my parents house (our old house) and began our search for the right house to settle into.  Well we found one and moved into it a couple of weeks ago. I've been unpacking boxes ever since and dreaming of what can be with our new home.  Our new home is BIG, pretty new and not at all my style.  I would say it's ugly even.  I say this with a lot of hesitation because I don't want to seem ungrateful.  I know we are very lucky and blessed to have a nice and big home with way more amenities than anyone ever needs.  That said, I am a very visual and creative person that is very affected by what I look at all day.  Sooooo I look at all these brown walls, brown carpet, brown trim, bad fake rock halfway up my walls and imagine what CAN be.

5 comments:

Alex said...

I do like your home...but the fake brown rock on the walls is not too...cant think of the word!

Stacy Reagh said...

Just give yourself a few months and you will have it beautiful!!!! Good luck!!

FamiLee said...

Yay! I am so glad that you get the opportunity to create. WAY COOL!! Glad you have a big place. I think if i lived in a brown place it would cure my chocolate cravings.

Did you get my homemade goodie for you?

mimi said...

Kathy You can make anything BEAUTIFUL !!!!

TIFF said...

I agree with Mimi, that place will look like a magazine shot when you're done with it! It has loads of potential! (I didn't even think it was too bad though) I want another 'play date'!